Please note that these exercises are not appropriate for pregnant women with lower back disc injury.
This lower back home exercise routine for pregnancy consists of a series of gently lower and middle back spinal mobility exercises.This routine is performed kneeling on all fours and in side lying. The exercises are appropriate for all stages of pregnancy including the last trimester as they do not involve lying on the back, a position which should be avoided for pregnancy exercises from 16 weeks onwards. All the included exercises provide gentle movement for the muscles and joints of the middle and lower back.
The stretching and mobility exercises in this video include:
– Pelvic tilts
– Reaching thoracic rotation
– Kneeling side lower back stretches
– Kneeling lower back and buttock stretches
– Kneeling lunge stretches
– Side lying lower and middle back rotation stretches
Transcribe video: http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?ref=share&v=bfwIZA3FN70
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology Exercise Guidelines
Women with the following conditions or pregnancy complications should not exercise during pregnancy:
– Certain types of heart and lung diseases
– Cervical insufficiency
– Being pregnant with twins or triplets (or more) with risk factors for preterm labor
– Placenta previa after 26 weeks of pregnancy
– Preterm labor or ruptured membranes (your water has broken) during this pregnancy regular physical activity
– Preeclampsia or pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
– Severe anemia
What are warning signs to stop exercise during pregnancy?
Watch for the following warning signs when you exercise. If you have any of them, stop and call your obstetrician:
– Bleeding from the vagina
– Feeling dizzy or faint
– Shortness of breath before starting exercise
– Chest pain
– Muscle weakness
– Calf pain or swelling
– Regular, painful contractions of the uterus
– Fluid gushing or leaking from the vagina
Music by Aiden Kenway: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEeJ…
Disclaimer The information provided in this video is intended as general information and not a substitute for individual medical advice regarding your medical condition. To the extent permitted by law, neither Healthy Fit Solutions Pty Ltd, as trustee for the P & M Kenway Family Trust (“we”), nor any of our officers, employees, agents or related bodies corporate will be liable in any way (including for negligence) for any loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you through your use of, or in connection with, this video or information supplied or offered to be supplied on this video. Although we use our best efforts to provide accurate information and other materials on this video, the video is provided “as-is”. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and representations provided about or by this video are excluded.
Lights by Sappheiros https://soundcloud.com/sappheirosmusic Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/LightsSappheiros