Are you a middle-aged man who wants to start practicing yoga?
In this video, I’m going to show you 5 no-flexibility-required postures that are appropriate for guys who are in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and beyond
While doing this, I’ll also explain 5 key differences that middle-aged and older guys should be aware of when practicing yoga.
– Men are less flexible than women – Particularly noticeable in hips, shoulders, and spine
– Men use their upper bodies more – this means men tend to make different mistakes than women, and should be aware of them to make sure they’re doing the postures effectively, but also avoid injury
– The older you get, the less mobility you have.
– Takes longer to stretch – This means you might need to hold the postures for a longer time to get your muscles to stretch, and you might require more warm-up.
– Need more warm-up before going into certain postures.
– Pose selection – Certain poses might be more helpful than others.
– Longer recovery time.
– Higher likelihood of previous injuries. You’ve been alive longer, which means you’ve likely had more injuries or other physical issues to consider.
💥💥💥 New to yoga? Check out our “Yoga for Men Series” Playlist – http://bit.ly/2vkL88Q 💥💥💥
👉 Subscribe to the Man Flow Yoga Channel: http://bit.ly/2vDQ6dz
👀 Check out the Man Flow Yoga Members’ Area: http://bit.ly/2UA1vFf
#yogaformen #mensyoga #yogaforbeginners #yoga #beginnersyoga